The creative duct tape DIY handbag is a fun past time. These crafty items are great to have and to gift. Make these in all your favorite colors to match your dresses. These great handbags require little effort and time.
To make your duct tape handbag you need:
- Duct tape
- Measuring tape
- Cutter or scissors
- 2 small pieces of ribbon
The measures you need:
- Several strips of duct tape 12” to 16” inches long (it depends how big you want your handbag)
- The strips measure approximately 15” inches in width (you can make it slimmer or wider)
- A strap (the length is according to you taste)
The number of strips depends on the width of your duct tape.
1. Join them together and cover the inside with the same or another color by repeating this step.
2. The edges will need a neat trim and the piece a good inspection to see if there are no sticky spots.
3. Cover the top and bottom edge with tape. Now you have the body ready, fold once for the front flap leaving out 3 inches, and fold the 3 inches part for the top flap.
4. Using either the same or the inside color duct tape, cut two 6” strips to connect the front and back which will make the sides.
5. Stick the strap ends to the sides with duct tape.
6. In the centre of the top and bottom flap, stick the lace or ribbon and tie them.
Your DIY duct tape handbag is ready to accompany you!