Do you spend a considerable time in front of the mirror wishing that embarrassing wart would just vanish? Sometimes warts itch and can be painful attracting even more attention to them. Do not fret as the solution lies in a tiny piece of duct tape. This face savior in a speck saves you a few visits to the dermatologist as well as being economical and super easy. You have to follow the directions carefully for it to be successful and will require a bit of patience. You can apply duct tape to any type of warts like plantar or flat ones.
Things you will need:
- Duct tape
- Garlic (this is optional – garlic is a good antiseptic and warts are viruses)
- Cotton bud
What you need to do:
- The very first thing that you need to do is to clean your hands and the area of the wart with water and dry it.
- Take a cut piece of garlic and squeeze a drop of juice. Apply it on your wart using the cotton bud taking care that the neighboring skin is not touched (garlic can irritate the skin). let it dry for a minute or two. (check precaution for garlic)
- Now cut a piece of duct tape that is the size of your wart. Make sure it is not bigger than the wart as it will adhere to healthy skin and irritate it. (The skin will try to work against the duct tape and attack the wart at the same time).
- Apply the duct tape gently positioning it well on the wart and press gently.
- Now wait for 5 to 7 days and remove the tape gently without pulling.
- Soak your wart for some time and using a very fine pumice stone or emery filer, scuff the wart. Make sure that you do it gently and the surrounding skin is not affected.
- Clean your wart again and check the progress. If it is still not completely gone, you ma e have need to apply the duct tape again.
What you need to be careful of:
- Warts are easily aggravated if played with, scratched, or picked.
- You should not burn or freeze warts at home nor cut and tear them. This may lead to inflammation and skin damage.
- If your piece of duct tape falls off before the time is up, do not panic, just replace it, and complete the full cycle.
- When you are filing, put light pressure targeting only the wart and staying away from the healthy skin.
- Make sure that you wait for a full night before applying a second round of duct tape on your wart after the first cycle.
- If you are allergic to garlic then omit this step. If you do not know whether you are allergic or not, do a trial by applying a bit on the top of your hand.
The method to remove warts with duct tape has been tested by a number of studies and many doctors approve of it before applying the knife or cauterizing the warts. Make sure you follow the directions and before you know it your skin will be flawless and wart-free.
What is duct tape?
Click Here: About Duct Tape