Gifts are the expression of love and a complete look goes a long way in communicating how much you do care. Create your own DIY gift-wrapping with duct tape embellishments and savor the ohs and the ahs you are sure to receive.
To make your own gift-wrapping you need:
- A gift item obviously!
- Wrapping paper, white or any
- Duct tape
- Transparent tape
- Bow, flower, or string; anything for the finish
To make the wrapping:
Measure the amount of gift or wrapping paper that you need to cover your item and wrap it up snugly to achieve sophistication.
Note: when you choose you wrapping paper and duct tape, the contrast is the essence of the look. if you get a patterned paper along with a patterned duct tape, it will just be a hot mess! Plain on plain and plain with a pattern contrast looks good.
1. Once your gift is firmly wrapped, roll out the duct tape and make a cross pattern by wrapping the four sides and then repeating the same with the next four sides crossing it over the previous one.
2. Complete the cuteness by adding a duct tape bow, or flower on the crossing point of the tapes. If there are any untidy ends of the flower showing, cut a duct tape button and press it in the centre of your flower.
3. You can cut out initials of the recipient’s name and paste them on the box.